Here we are… After the first cumulative updates of March/April 2018 we are going into a new updates chapter for the cumulative updates of May/June 2018; the last updates was very big and sometimes we had some connectivity issues, now all fixed, while updating the “tech imrpovements” section of the past months. Sometimes hard works must be done in the right way, but that service interruption will never happens again. Today we are presenting the new updates for the next two months focused on performance, MYAPPS-[MYAPPS]: [applications that the owners of the networks can build within them to add additional functionality to the content or to the entire network], design&features improvements and security improvements of all the platform-[Platform]: [the the set of the main domain and all the subdomain of a particular website; also the computer architecture and equipment using a particular operating system]:
- We have resolved a lot of mistakes in terms of performance for the backend side of all the platform
- Loading assets are changed; now all the “loading assets” will load asynchronously with less cpu usage from clients
- We have updated all the cdn client side script and css with the latest updates from creators
- We have resolved some caching issues
- Added the bit-rate-throttling for various media type
- Added backend filters to refuse bad connections when detected
- Fixed some of the deprecated HTML5 player’s functions
- Restored the “General Tendencies” section with the latest most searched terms and hashtags in search engines for all the platform (feature available only to registered users)
- Updated the database engines to the latest general public release: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/8.0/en/
- We’ve improved the Search Engine-[Search Engine]: [is the application that deals with the search for content, networks or anything else on the platform] performance in both desktops and mobile apps and browser platform; fixed the redirect of the MYRC search engine now divided by the emsg platform; fixed some mistakes in the INSTANT PLAY search engine; improved the performance of the custom search and all the default search engines.
The pay-to-view app is still in testing from the past updates, only testers can use it for testing purposes; in this update we will activate most of that new MYAPPS for testing purposes, that apps will be ready to be available for everyone at the end of this updates / next updates; we are late relasing these app to wait the “verify” app. All payments are made with MYCOINS.
- PAY-TO-VIEW: pay to view the content-[Contents]: [every content intended as text, images, audio or video] one time or in a specified period of time
- PAY-TO-SUBSCRIBE: pay a Subscription every month or every year to accessAccess [the simple access to a website as a visitor] at a content or a group of contents-[Contents]: [every content intended as text, images, audio or video]
- PAY-TO-FOLLOW: pay to follow the network of contents-[Network of Contents]: [is the channel in which owners can post their content and the audience can see the contents posted by the owners] and access at only followers-[Follower]: [a follower refers to a person who subscribes to your account or network in order to receive your updates] contents
- VERIFIED NETWORK-[Network of Contents]: [is the channel in which owners can post their content and the audience can see the contents posted by the owners]: this new MYAPP-[MYAPPS]: [applications that the owners of the networks can build within them to add additional functionality to the content or to the entire network] let you verify your account-[Account]: [an Account contains the personal information that is assigned to those who register and access with email and password] and network of contents with additional informations like documents of the responsable of the network and or documents of the company (in some country company is required to be able to retire real money from MYCOINS earnings); a badge inside the network of contents will be shown to let the users trust you and your network (private information, like documents, will remain private, compressed and crypted with AES256 in our backend out of the http access). How this MYAPP works in an automatic way, we will explain better in the MYAPP guidelines these months
- IMPROVEMENTS: we have added the possibility to restrict the entire app for determinate country with the GEOIP features; owners of the apps/network have the possibility to do not let users views and access at their apps in the country they have specified
DESIGN & FEATURES IMPROVEMENTS
- Two new themes for this update:
1) BLACK&WHITE is back!!! A brand new classical theme, simple, for black and white people
2) WHITE&RED: this is a new styles of themes builded with White Powder and Red colors
- We have updated and fixed some html design mistakes
- Loading animations are now part of the design
- We have deprecated the FLASH player for the new video contents; past contents (like flv encoded) will continue to fallback to the FLASH player. New contents are encoded only for the wide spreaded HTML5 technology with our official HTML5 Player.
- Reduced the sizes of most static images thanks to compressions
- SHARER A.I. improvement: from today if you share, from any third-party website, a same content already shared by other network of contents on MYETV the system will automatically link, the original shared content, to the EMOTION features. No more double contents on different networks from third party websites if the content is already shared; the user will be prompt to share an emotion of the original linked content by the original network.
- The “Auto-Complete” of the Search Engine has undergone considerable improvement; we have improved the algorithm with an intuitive A.I. and a new style: no more fastidious popups, tips are showned horizontally at the bottom of the search box and this reduces the visual impact and allows a more fluid search. This Auto-Complete feature is custom and is builded entirely by us with special algorithms.
- The tags cloud now show correctly when type the first “#” (hash) digit, in search engine.
- Added two new buttons on the timeline: “HASHTAG” and “NETWORK”; the first will show global statistics on hashtags and searched terms in all the platform or for just that content (*searched terms require to respect some privacy statements); the second will appear only in the “now playing” page and will give you informations about the network of contents
*searched terms require to respect some privacy statements: search terms showed in that statistics are public, Anonymous, aggregate and don’t respect the real search terms typed by any users, but just the search terms that hit some content’s tags
- We’ve added a new menu voice in “MENU – SETTINGS – DATA PROTECTION” for everyone; this feature let all the audience choose how their anonymous data are collected around the platform. It is linked to the existing “you choose” feature.
- Updated the database engine to the latest general available releases. More informations here.
- From the start of May we have added the new McAfee SecureSite floating button for unregistered users at the bottom of every pages and for registered users only in the “edit profile” section.
- We have builded and updated a more strong and rebust antiflood protection for the entire platform
- Updated the security and features of MYCLOUD with a private permissions levels made with tokens and backend scripts (no http access); it is the most robust and secure clientside private cloud on the web (more informations about MYCLOUD in the next posts)
- We have improved the way the video streaming are served from our platform with more security tokens to request the files (this method will apply only to the new videos contents)
- We have updated the security and scripts for social connect buttons (now handle by client-side scripts)
- Updated and fixed the recovery password page
- From this update all the website and it’s subdomains uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS). The HSTS Policy helps protect web application users against some passive (eavesdropping) and active network attacks
Please note: This document is subjected to changes and we will keep it updated during this months with all the new features we will add.
Turn back here to know news, we will inform all of you with our social network about important changes.
Thank you for all your love and passion. I think this is the very start of something special for me; without all of you that’s never happens, thank you for let me doing all that.
See you soon, folks! :)
You must be logged in to post a comment.