The app is currently available in Amazon App Store for all Amazon FireTV devices and other compatible devices with the FireOS system with minimum SDK version of 22. The FireOS app for Mobile or Tablets devices is developed separately. The Android App is developed also for the Google Play Store where the app can be downloaded and installed for supported devices.
NATIVE APP-[Native Applications]: [the applications available for any operating system (eg. Microsoft, Android, FireOs) downloadable and installable] [download] – [AmazonAppStore]
The native app for Amazon devices is builded thanks to the AndroidOS / FireOS and is available via the Amazon AppStore for all these supported devices:
Amazon FireTV & TV Devices, Amazon Automotive, Amazon FireOS tablet and mobile Devices
CURRENTLY IN THE AMAZON APP STORE
- 03 December 2023: The version 9.0.8 (or 908) includes code improvements and security updates and updated SDKs and updated the gradle. Features updates: now the title of the content-[Contents]: [every content intended as text, images, audio or video] being watched with particular mode (like myrc or playtime) is displayed at the top of the screen, screen orientation is in landscape mode for every devices, now when the app goes from background to foreground will refresh it’s content, the version 908 resolved a problem with the back button. This is an update of the previous one or a new installation. Officially in the Amazon App Store.
- 25 October 2023: The version 9.0.2 (or 902) it is a minor update and includes major code improvements and minor security updates and updated SDKs and updated the gradle. This is an update of the previous one or a new installation. Officially in the Amazon App Store.
OLD RELEASES – CHANGELOG
- 06 June 2023: The version 8.2.5 includes major code and security improvements and minor design updates with an improved UI and an improved UX and an improvement for the remote and/or touch features and all the features of the below version; it is added the “user data privacy” as specified by the policy of the Amazon AppStore. Officially in the Amazon AppStore as update.
- 23 February 2023: The version 8.2.4 includes minor code improvements and major design updates with a new UI and a new UX and all the features of the below version with new features; officially in the Amazon AppStore as update.
- 20 September 2022: The version 8.1.0 includes a fix for a problem with th app launch and all the features of the below version; officially in the Amazon AppStore from the 22 September 2022
- 02 September 2022: the version 8.0.9 includes major code improvements with a completely rewritten code and new features; the first open of the app now wait the choice of one time authorization dialogs; the splash screen now is visible till the app load the page; the app is builded for SDK33 available from API 22 to API 33, available to more than 93 FireOS & FireTV devices, with 40 authorization (not required), 9 features, 4 screen layout, native platform-[Platform]: [the the set of the main domain and all the subdomain of a particular website; also the computer architecture and equipment using a particular operating system] arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, x86, x86_64, with original size of 8,44MB download size of 7,3MB. Available as update on the official Amazon App Store as fastest as possible.
- 14 June 2022: the version 8.0.0 includes minor code improvements and a new SDK(33) with new icons design.
- Download it on the official AmazonAppStore or directly from https://downloadapp.myetv.tv
(V.7.x) 2021/2022 – Production Release [
download] [ AmazonAppStore]
- 1 May 2022: the app version 7.9.1 (readed as 791) is builded with the new JAVA11 updates, with an updated plugin version and updates sdks; available for all fireos TV devices in the official store.
- 24 January 2022: the app present a new version numbering 7.9.0 (readed as 790), a new updated gradle and SDK 32 (Android12L) with a new allowed technology called WebRTC for cam or mic permission, once granted and where available, and some minor design updates. In updates on the official store.
- 3 December 2021: The version 7.8 includes all the features of the previous versions plus new localizations for the AMazon AppStore (english and italian), the new Amazon AppStore SDK and the support for the Amazon webview with improvements on performance and security of all the app; plus includes the new touchscreen functionalities to work with touchscreen enables devices. It includes the support for new devices and the new Amazon Automotive Stellantis (Jeep) – Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer.
- September 8: The version7.2 and latest version7.3 is an update of the previous one and it contain all the features of the previous one plus a new animated splash screen and new assets; added an audio system at the pressure of any key (in the remote or in the gamepad) a sound will play; updated also the dependencies with the latest releases. The app in the official sotre will be in the category “Social” and/or the sub-category “General Social Networking” instead of the category “Communication”; this modify will be applied from this app version to all future updates releases. Estimated date for the production release: September 16, 2021
- The version7.1 is an update to the previous version and is the production candidate version. Contains improvements for the autoclose feature and is completely available for Android 12 devices (SDK31). This version will be promoted as production release in 24/48 hours from the BETA-testing release. Currently in the AppStore in production release.
- Code version 7.0 (BETA-testing) is a major update of the previous app and is initially available only for testing users; will be promoted as production release in August 2021. Includes the new SDK 31 for Android 12. Incorporates a new feature that automatically close the app, only if it is not used for the time decided by the user (if it remain inactive from 1 hour up to 12 hours); this functionality can be enabled, disabled or customized for the device from the platform options inside the main menu of MYETV’s app. The app includes a check to switch from TV to mobile version if the device is a mobile (installed on smartphones). Available for 7 screen layout, 86 languages, (about)100 devices with a min API level of 22 for 4 native platform arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, x86, x86_64. Ready for Android12 or lower.
Size: (about) 8MB
(V.6.0) May 2021 – Production Release (live) [
download] [ AmazonAppStore]
Code version 6.0 is being released in the Amazon App Store with a lot of improvements; this update brings to the app the ability to be installed on AndroidTV or FireTV with new assets, a new activity dedicated to TVs app and a new UI builded to be readed for wide screens. Available for 7 screen layout, 86 languages,+100 devices with a min API level of 22 for 4 native platform arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, x86, x86_64. Ready for Android11 (R) or lower.
(V.5.4) December 2020 – Production Release for 2021
Code version 5.4 is online released in the Amazon App Store; this update brings the app dedicated to Amazon devices to customize better the user experience, from this update the Android app for Amazon devices can be downloaded only from Amazon App Store. Available for 7 screen layout, 86 languages,+150 devices with a min API level of 21 for 4 native platform arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, x86, x86_64. Ready for Android11 (R) or lower.
(V.5.3) August 2020 – Production Release [
download] [ AmazonAppStore]
Code version 5.3 is online in The Google Play Store and in the Amazon AppStore. Available for 7 screen layout, 86 languages,+12.000 devices with a min API level of 21 for 4 native platform arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, x86, x86_64. Ready for Android11 (R). Released is compliant with 64-bit architettures.
The version 5.3 brings the app to a lot of new Amazon devices (like FireTV) with new OS based on Android (Like Fire OS) into the Amazon App Store; more than 130 devices are now supported in the Amazon AppStore. Released both in the Google Play Store and in the Amazon App Store (as variant).