This type of login is active from today and allows you to connect two or more devices using a simple code, without needing a password and username anymore. It works thanks to a time code (5 minutes) of at least 8 characters issued on a device already logged in which must be entered on the device from which you want to log in. The code is a Cryptographically-secure pseudorandom string and is simply a code consisting of only letters and numbers. This authentication procedure is very useful for those who want to synchronize their account on another device (such as TV or console) or another browser (such as apps with gamepad control) and allows you to keep your passwords safe without having to type them every time on a different device.
How it works
In the login procedure we added the “Device Association” tab with a field where you can enter the code issued by a device logged in on account.myetv.tv/associate once the code is released you have 5 minutes to enter it in the “Device Association” field “of the login window, you have 8 attempts, after which if they all fail you will need to close and reopen the browser window to try again. Once you have entered the correct code on a device and logged in successfully, that same code becomes unusable and you will simply need to request another code for a second device. To access the code release page, you must already be logged in on the device that requests it; that code is valid only for the account to which it was issued and will log the user only in that account thus allowing a simple synchronization of the devices with his own account.
Is that safe?
Yes, absolutely. The issued code is valid for a maximum of 5 minutes from the requesting and is only available to the account that has requested it through a protected page; moreover the code is a Cryptographically-secure pseudorandom string, it cannot be predicted, it has a minimum length of 8 characters which can be digits and letters and is not released to anyone but only to those logged in to account.myetv.tv/associate valid for the maximum time indicated on that page. The code is also associated with the account that requested it and with no other account and can be used only once for that account, after which another one must be requested. Furthermore, the code release procedure takes place server-side and no data is saved on the applicant’s device (such as cookies or other). The code can only be released from the protected page and can be inserted on any device, even not connected to the same network.
Terms of services
- The code must be requested at https://account.myetv.tv/associate from a logged device
- The code is valid only for the account that requested it
- The code is valid for a time and can be used within 5 minutes of requesting it
- You have a maximum of 8 attempts, after which you will need to restart the application to be able to try again
- The code is valid only once, after the first successful attempt you will need to request another code to synchronize a second device
- To request a new code simply refresh the page or click on “reload the code”
- The code is not saved on the device
- The code can also be associated with a qr-code only for devices with built-in camera
- The authentication code and procedure are protected by encryption
- An email will be sent to the account (if the privacy options allow it) every time a device connects with this type of authentication