This week and the next few days we are working on the new search engine-[Search Engine]: [is the application that deals with the search for content, networks or anything else on the platform] and are making several changes to how it can be used; the changes made are for everyone. Several errors that occurred especially in the search engine within the networks have also been resolved; some of these changes also concern security, we have added an additional layer of security at server level to avoid the continuous refreshing of information which could cause a temporary disruption. I’ll list some of the changes already made, many other changes will also be implemented in the next week; I will try to update this list every time we change something of important. These changes must be considered permanent, from the moment they are activated.
- The search engine will redirect the entire page to a static link which can also be copied and sent to anyone
- The new search engine is incorporated into a form that uses native browser controls
- The search will be started only after the “enter” key is pressed on the keyboard, or when the submit button is clicked, or via the native controls of the remote control or gamepad (for televisions).
- Pressing the keys will only be used for technical reasons and detected only to update the search engine used (pressing the keys will no longer start the search) and for the autocomplete feature
- Full-text search is back in the auto-complete feature
- Autocomplete will be activated 1 or 1.5 seconds after pressing the last key on the keyboard within the search engine
- Autocomplete results are updated and improved
- Added a new security layer in server-side to filter malicious user inputs
- Server level controls implement a rate limit, it is no longer possible to refresh/update a page multiple times with the same device within 1/2 seconds from the last refresh (penalty: accessAccess [the simple access to a website as a visitor] denied error)
- Fixed an error when searching inside a networks of contents-[Contents]: [every content intended as text, images, audio or video]
- Fixed errors in url when searching for networks
- stay tuned for more…
We have also removed the search engine icon at the top-right of the “play” page, and added a search engine which can be seen by opening the menu at the top right and will search exclusively within the network-[Network of Contents]: [is the channel in which owners can post their content and the audience can see the contents posted by the owners] to which the content-[Contents]: [every content intended as text, images, audio or video] belongs. This search engine is actually for testing purposes.
I hope you like these updates, regarding security they will help us keep the platform-[Platform]: [the the set of the main domain and all the subdomain of a particular website; also the computer architecture and equipment using a particular operating system] clean.
This document will be linked as update in the “Search Engine” main document, here: MYETV’s Search Engine